Weatherization Assistance Program: Helping to lower your energy bills.
The Greater Bergen Community Action
Weatherization Services Office
99 Passaic Street
Garfield, NJ 07026
Phone: (973) 546-1441
Office Hours: 9:00am-5:00pm Monday-Friday
Overview: GBCA’s Weatherization Program has helped more than 3,300 Bergen County residents since 2009.
GBCA’s Weatherization Service is part of a U.S. Department of Energy program that assists qualified low-income homeowners and tenants to improve the energy efficiency of their homes. This program is available for both tenants and landlords. If you qualify, there is no charge for these services.
Getting started is easier than you think!
How our program works:
1. Call our office at (973) 546-1441 or go to http://www.greaterbergen.org/home-energy for an application.
2. Mail or bring in your completed application. One of our home energy specialists will set up a free home energy audit with you.
3. After your home audit is completed, our specialist will discuss what
services are needed and will set up a second appointment to complete the work.
Weatherization Work: Work on your home will take place on days and times that work best for you. Most jobs take two to five days to complete. GBCA employs our own crews, so your work will be performed by qualified professionals you can trust. If work is needed on heating equipment or hot water heaters, a licensed contractor will be hired to perform that work at no cost to you.
Safety: Our program does more than help to save on your energy bills. We also perform safety tests on applications, smoke detectors, carbon monoxide detectors and heating systems.
Services Available Include:
1. Insulation of attics, sidewalls, floors and foundation perimeter.
2. Improve indoor air quality.
3. Measures to reduce air leakage.
4. Sealing of air ducts.
5. Energy efficient refrigerators/freezers.
7. Programmable thermostats
8. Consumer education
10. Tune-up repair or upgrade on heating systems and/or water heaters.
Other Programs that may interest you:
LIHEAP (Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program): (201) 488-5100 Assistance to pay utility bills for low-income families and individuals.
Greater Bergen Community Action
241 Moore Street
Hackensack, NJ 07601
*Disclaimer: This information is taken directly from the Greater Bergen Community Action program pamphlet. I have never used the service so I have no opinion on it either yes or no to it. Please call the above number or email them for more information.
This is an important service and if you need any information on it, please call the above number or email them for more information.
LikeLiked by 1 person