What’s you Game Plan for Orthopaedic Health?
Let New Jersey #1 orthopaedic services program keep you in the game.
Keeping your bones healthy is important no matter what game you choose to play. What you need is a GAMEPLAN.
The Orthopaedic Institute at HackensackUMC wants to share its GAMEPLAN for Orthopaedic Health-ten simple steps that will help you take charge of your health and stay in the game.
As the Healthgrades #1 Hospital in New Jersey for Orthopaedic Services and nationally ranked in orthopaedics by U.S. News &World Report, the Orthopaedic Institute is pushing medicine further than ever before.
To find out how the Orthopaedic Institute at HackensackUMC will help you get back in the game, visit HackensackUMC.org/ortho.
Game Plan for Orthopaedic Health:
- Your best offensive is a good defense: Unavoidable risk factors affecting bone health include age, gender, race and family history. There’s nothing you can do to change them but knowing their influence can help you plan a good defense.
- Know the signs and signals: If you have concerns speak with you physician about the signs and symptoms of osteoporosis, arthritis or other conditions that affect bone/joint health.
- Know your opponent: Using tobacco and drinking soda decrease your body’s ability to absorb calcium and may contribute to weak bones.
- Talk to your coach: Your doctor will know if you are at risk and can recommend different exercises, medications and/or lifestyle modifications to reduce that danger.
- Fuel for Performance: Strong bones are less injury-prone. However as we age out bones lose strength and mass, becoming thinner and more brittle. Follow a calcium-rich diet to maintain bone mass and decrease your risk of fractures. Make sure to get enough Vitamin D.
- Maintain a balanced training regimen: Your exercise regimen should include exercises that increase flexibility and balance, which are key to fall prevention.
- Pump Iron: Weight bearing exercises such as walking can help minimize bone loss and prevent fractures. Get clearance from your physician before starting any exercise program.
- Wear protective gear: Make sure to wear the proper protective gear when exercising to help prevent injury.
- Stay off the Disabled List: Know your limits.
- Maintain Good Pre-and Post-Game Practices: Proper warm-up and cool-down routines are important for athletes at any level.
Disclaimer: This information was taken from the HackensackUMC Orthopaedic Institute pamphlet. Please call the above numbers to get more information.
I am a free-lance writer and Blogger. I am the author of the book "Firehouse 101" (IUniverse.com 2005) part of trilogy of books centered in New York City. My next book "Love Triangles" is finished being edited and should be ready for release in the Fall. My latest book, "Dinner at Midnight", a thriller is on its last chapter. My long awaited book explains the loss of the 2004 Yankee game to Boston.
I work as a Consultant, Adjunct College Professor, Volunteer Fireman and Ambulance member and Blogger. I have a blog site for caregivers called 'bergencountycaregiver', a step by step survival guide to all you wonderful folks taking care of your loved ones, a walking project to walk every block, both sides, of the island of Manhattan "MywalkinManhattan" and discuss what I see and find on the streets of New York and three sites to accompany it. One is an arts site called "Visiting a Museum", where I showcase small museums, historical sites and parks that are off the beaten track both in Manhattan and outside the city to cross reference with "MywalkinManhattan" blog site. Another is "DiningonaShoeStringNYC", featuring small restaurants I have found on my travels in this project, that offer wonderful meals for $10.00 and under. So be on the lookout for updates on all three sites and enjoy 'MywalkinManhattan'. The third is my latest site, "LittleShoponMainStreet", which showcases all the unique and independent shops that I have found on my travels throughout and around Manhattan.
I have started two new blog sites for the fire department, one "EngineOneHasbrouck HeightsFireDepartmentnj" for the Hasbrouck Heights Fire Department to discuss what our Engine Company is doing and the other is "BergenCountyFireman'sHomeAssociation" for the Bergen County Fireman's Association, which fire fighters from Bergen County, NJ, go to the Fireman's Home in Boonton, NJ to bring entertainment and cheer to our fellow brother fire fighters quarterly.
This entry was posted in Bergen County NJ Programs
, Disability Programming
, Food and Nutrition Programming
, Health and Life Support Services
, Medicare/Medicaid Programming
, Men's Programming
, New Jersey Senior Programming
, Senior Caregiver Programs
, Senior Services
, Support Services for Seniors
, Woman's Programming
and tagged Author Justin Watral
, Author Justin Watrel
, Game plan for Orthopaedic Health
, Justin Watral
, Justin Watrel
, Orthopaedic health
, Orthopaedic Institute
, Warren George Watrel
, Warren Watrel
. Bookmark the permalink
Please call the above numbers or email them for more information.
LikeLiked by 1 person