ReferenceUSA: NJ State Library
The premier Business and Consumer reference and research tool offering instant access to over 22 million residents. Also available online 24/7 at: http://www.jerseyclicks.org.
Our information sources include: White and Yellow Pages, annual reports, SEC information, government data, business magazines, USPS, Internet research and the U.S. Census Bureau.
Our Business Database: 21 million strong!
Search by and find: Name, Industry, SIC/NAICS, Executive names/titles, Address, Phone and fax numbers, Number of employees, Sales Volume, Stock quote and information, Website, Corporate linkage, Credit rating, News headlines and more!
Our Consumer Database: More than 260 million records:
Search by and find: Name (First, Last or Middle Initial), Phone Number, Address, ZIP code, city, metro area, county/state, Estimated home income, estimated home value.
U.S. Business Database Sample Searches:
- A graphic designed would like to send his resume to employers in the Dallas, TX area regarding employment. This person would like to work for a company that has at least 100 employees.
- How many coffee shops are in the Cambridge Highlands neighborhood of the Boston metro area? Hint: use the ‘Neighborhood’ option for geography.
- Find all the retail trade businesses with 1-9 employees that have a website and a female executive. Hint: use the major industry search.
U.S. Consumer Database Sample Searches:
- How many residents are in the MSA (metropolitan statistical area) of Boulder-Longmont, CO that have an estimated home income of $40,000-$99,999.
- Find a list of residents in ZIP code 22315 with an estimated home value of $125,00-$249,999.
- Find some of Donald Taylor’s neighborhood in Joppa, MD.
Everyone can benefit from ReferenceUSA!
Use our Business Database to:
*Conduct job searches
*Look for sales leads
*Find new business opportunties
*Locate out of town companies
*Track down addresses/phone numbers
*Conduct patent and market research
Rely on the CONSUMER database to:
*Plan family reunions and weddings
*Organize class reunions
*Find neighbors or long lost friends
Use the Quick Search feature to search by company name, city, state or phone number.
*Use Custom Search to use any combination of search criteria.
*Download: select the records, click ‘download’, select your level of detail and click ‘download’ again.
*Print: select the records, click ‘print’, select your level of detail and click ‘print’ again.
*Use and asterick (*) to do a wildcard search in the company and executive name fields.
*When choosing geography selects, choose “City, State, not “City, State’ AND ‘State’.
*When searching under a company name, be as simple as possible.
Disclaimer: This information was taken directly from the NJ State Library Association. I have never used the service before so I have no opinion of the service either yes or no. Please call or email them for more information.