Introducing Overeaters Anonymous: Fifteen Questions
This series of questions may help you determine if you are a collusive eater. Many members of Overeaters Anonymous have found that they have answered yes to many of these questions.
- Do I eat when I’m not hungry or not eat when my body need nourishment?
- Do I go on eating binges for no apparent reason, sometimes eating until I’m stuffed or even feel sick?
- Do I have feelings of guilt, shame or embarrassing about my weight or the way I eat?
- Do I eat sensibly in front of others and then make up for it when I am alone?
- Is my eating affecting my health or the way I live my life?
- When my emotions are intense-whether positive or negative-do I find myself reaching for food
- Do my eating behaviors make me or others unhappy?
- Have I ever used laxatives, vomiting, diuretics, excessive exercise, diet pills, shots or other medical interventions (including surgery) to try to control my weight?
- Do I fast or severely restrict my food intake to control my weight?
- Do I fantasize about how much better life would be if I were a different size or weight?
- Do I need to chew or have something in my mouth all the time: food, gum, mints, candies or beverages?
- Have I ever eaten food that is burned, frozen or spoiled; from containers in the grocery store or out of the garbage?
- Are there certain food I can’t stop eating after the first bite?
- Have I lost weight with a diet or “period of control” only to be followed by bouts of uncontrolled eating and/or weight gain?
- Do I spend too much time thinking about food, arguing with myself about whether or what to eat, planning the next diet or exercise cure or counting calories?
Overeaters Anonymous is a Fellowship of individuals who, through shared experience, strength and hop are recovering from compulsive eating.
We welcome everyone who wants to stop eating compulsively. There are no dues or fees for members, we are self-supporting through our own contributions, neither soliciting no accepting outside donations. OA is not affiliated with any public or private organization, political movement, ideology or religious doctrine; we take no position on outside issues.
Our primary purpose is to abstain from compulsive eating and compulsive food behaviors and to carry the message of recovery through the Twelve Steps of OA to those who still suffer.
How you can find OA
To attend a meeting or learn more about to Overeaters Anonymous program of recovery, Contact:
World Service Officer
6075 Zenith Court NE
Rio Rancho, NM 87144-6424 USA
Mail Address: PO Box 44020
Rio Rancho, NM 87174-4020 USA
Disclaimer: This information was taken directly from the Overeaters Anonymous pamphlet and I give them full credit for it. Please call or email the above numbers for more information about the program.
Please call the above number for more information.
LikeLiked by 1 person