CDC-Center for Disease Control: Facts about COVID-19: Know the facts about coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) and help stop the spread of rumors.
- Diseases can make anyone sick regardless of their race or ethnicity:
People of Asian descent including Chinese Americans are no more likely to get COVID-19 than any other American. Help stop fear by letting people know that being of Asian descent does not increase the chance of getting or spreading COVID-19.
2. The risk of getting COVID-19 in the U.S. is currently low.
Some people who traveled to places where many people have gotten sick with COVID-19 may be monitored by health officials to protect their health and the health of other people in the community.
3. Someone who has completed quarantine or has been released from isolation does not pose a risk of infection to other people
4. You can help stop COVID-19 by knowing the signs and symptoms:
- Shortness of breath
Seek medical advice if you have traveled to China in the past 14 days and feel sick. Call ahead before you go to a doctor’s office or emergency room. Tell them about your recent travel and your symptoms.
5. There are simple things you can do to help keep yourself and others healthy.
*Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing.
*Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
*Stay home when you are sick.
*Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue then throw the tissue in the trash.
Disclaimer: This information comes from the National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases (NCIRD), Division of Viral Diseases and I give them full credit for it. Please check out their website for more information.