AARP New Jersey: Expanded Leave Insurance Program
Caring for a sick loved one shouldn’t mean losing your pay. Do you care for a parent, spouse, sibling, child, in law, grandparent, grandchild, blood relative or someone with whom you have a family like relationship?
Here is what you need you need to know about New Jersey’s newly expanded Family Leave Insurance Program:
- Working family caregivers can apply for wage replacement benefits during unpaid time off from work to care for a loved one with a serious health condition.
- The maximum wage replacement has increased from $650.00 to $881.00 per week.
- The period to receive benefits while caring for a loved one has doubled to 12 weeks.
- Job protection is now provided for workers at businesses with 30 or more employers.
- Caring for a loved one who has been exposed or diagnosed with a communicable disease, including COVID-19 is now covered.
I love caregivers!
Learn more at aarp.org/njcaregiving
Apply online at myleavebenefits.nj.gov or call (609) 292-7060.
AARP New Jersey
303 George Street
New Brunswick, NJ 08901